Adair County Historical Collection
Scope and Content Note
An artificial collection comprised of letters, newspaper clippings, photographs, maps, and more. The contents are gathered from various collections and are related to Adair County, Missouri, primarily Kirksville, Missouri, and surrounding areas.
Notes on Use of Collection
The library reserves the right to restrict access to its collections. Researchers agree to abide by any restrictions placed by the library on its collections. Learn more about our policies and services.
It is the responsibility of the user to obtain permission to publish from the owner of the copyright (the institution, the creator of the record, the author or his/her transferees, heirs, legates, or literary executors). The user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Board of Governors for Truman State University, its officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims made by any person asserting that he or she is an owner of copyright.
Researchers further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Truman State University, Pickler Memorial Library, and their officers, employees, and agents from and against all suits, claims, actions, and expenses arising out of use of collections held by the library.
1.3 linear feet
Language of Materials
A created collection of materials - letters, newspaper clippings, photographs, maps, and other various items - which showcase the history of Adair County; Kirksville, Missouri; and surrounding regions. Some items were a part of the E.M. Violette Museum Collection; other items are from other sources and have been added over the years.
This collection is organized into eight series
- Series I: Kirksville Bicentennial Celebration, 1974-1976
- Series II: Miscellaneous, 1845-2007
- Series III: Advertising and Promotional Materials, 1919
- Series IV: Businesses, 1832-1976
- Series V: Churches, 1894-1994
- Series VI: Programs and Events, 1884-1974
- Series VII: Organizations, 1870-1979
- Series VIII: Osteopathy, 1900-1992
The majority of materials were transferred from the Missouriana Collection, University Archives, and the E.M. Violette Collection, Pickler Memorial Library.
1.3 linear feet
- Adair County (Mo.) -- History
- Adair County Historical Society (Mo.)
- Business and Industry
- Civic Organizations
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Ann Haynes Chapter (Kirksville, Mo.)
- Kirksville (Mo.)
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (KCOM)
- Osteopathic Medicine
- Records and Correspondence
- Recreation and Sports
- Social and Fraternal Organizations
- Still, Andrew Taylor (A.T.), 1828-1917
- Adair County Historical Collection
- Finding aid prepared by Kelly Keener.
- Language of description
- Script of description